Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Beer Flash: Kinkaider Brewing Co. - "Devil's Gap" ale

Here's a quick spotlight on a beer my colleague Dustin got for me on his last trip to Nebraska. It's from Kinkaider Brewing Co. out of Broken Bow, NE. This is their "Devil's Gap", a 5.2% ABV ale made with jalapenos. As you know, I've had quite a few pepper beers in the last few years, but am always curious to try new ones - especially from new states. This is my first beer from Nebraska, so here goes!


It pours swiftly and is a cloudy, dark orange in the glass. There's not a lot of aroma coming off it, but if I stick my nose right in there, I can detect a bit of pepper.

It's actually very surprising - reminds me a lot of chips and salsa. The chip flavor is there - a flat, salted wheat - and the salsa flavor is evident as well with the jalapenos. The heat level is low, the bitterness very mild (I read somewhere it was 6 I.B.U.s) and it has heartiness to it that reminds me of good salsa roja. On the finish, there's a bit of a zing that got my attention. Overall, really tasty and remarkable. Would love to have this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment