Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Monday, August 17, 2015

Buoy Beer Company - "Imperial Rainbow" petit saison

An hour or so after we pulled in to Astoria, we ended up at Buoy Beer Co., located right on the Astoria waterfront. They had a good selection of beers, but the one that spoke to me the most was the "Imperial Rainbow," a 5.00% ABV petit saison.

A petit saison is a low-gravity beer much in the same style as a farmhouse ale. This one was clean, surprisingly un-yeasty, and smooth with some muted citrus notes on the way out. Surprisingly crisp, too - most saisons are dank and yeasty and cloudy. This one, as you can see, is clearer and thinner than many of the saisons you might find. I ended up ordering some of the best fried cheese curds I've ever had.


As I was enjoying my beer and cheese curds, I noticed a chalkboard above the taps with a whole seriers of names and numbers on it. Asking about it, I learned it was the "futures board," where someone can leave some money for a certain person or group of people as a way to entice folks to come back to the brewery. I left $10 - $5 to anyone with the last name Liska, and $5 to any Dickinson student or alum who visits the brewery. Dickinsonians in Oregon - you know what to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment