Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Wine Flash: Ninety Plus Cellars' 2011 "Lot 71" malbec [Argentina]

Here's a Malbec I had at Thanksgiving, served as an appetizer with some dried meat and stuffed portabella mushrooms. It's from Ninety Plus Cellars, the wine originating in the Lujan de Cuyo area in Mendoza, Cuyo region, Argentina. Aged for one year in French oak casks, and another in the bottle before being sold, this one has aged three years beyond that - a total of five years.

It's the smoothest, most mellow Malbec I think I have ever had. It's got a soft nose, almost nonexistent, with a clean and refined taste with some dry tannic flavors. There's a long, lingering finish with some dark berry notes. Very pleasant and delicate! I don't know how much more I would age this, though. It's really nice now but maybe aging it longer might start removing some of the nice flavors.  



No comments:

Post a Comment