Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Tabacleria Victor Sinclair - Bohemian "Bamboo" torpedo (Dominican Republic)

Today's segment spotlights an old favorite cigar of mine - the "Bamboo" from Tabacleria Victor Sinclair. It's part of their Bohemian line of cigars, and is made from aged Dominican long-fillers and a super smooth Connecticut shade wrapper. It's been a go-to favorite of mine for years and years - I think my brother Dan and I first encountered this cigar in a VS sampler pack in 2010, and it's been a good staple in our collections ever since. They are available in many formats, and today I'll be smoking the "Fat Torpedo" 5x58 torpedo tip (the uppermost cigar in the photo). Cigars that come to a tapered point on the smoking end are called "torpedo tips."


One of the reasons this is a great cigar is that it's very mellow from start to finish - there's an approachable grassy and woody flavor to it, with the aged Connecticut wrapper keeping the smoke smooth and the smoke languid. This particular cigar was tough to light up, but once I got it lit, it smoked nicely and evenly the whole way through. It's got a dark grey, concrete-colored ash. There's bready, woody flavors throughout (my brother Dan calls it "fresh-baked homemade whole wheat bread") and has a bit of mineral notes to it, which add some character.

It's very mellow, approachable, and fits in well with almost every smoker's palate. It's actually one of my favorite cigars to give away; I keep my humidor at the National Democratic Club well-stocked with these beauties. They're pretty inexpensive, delicious, and a fine cigar for anyone looking to try cigars for the first time.


1 comment: