Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Friday, March 13, 2015

Deschutes Brewing Co. - "Fresh Squeezed" India pale ale

I saw this recently on draft at D'Vines, and at the urging of my brother, I grabbed a 64oz fill-up. It's a 6.40 % ABV fresh hop IPA from Deschutes, perfect for this spate of warmer weather we've been having in our nation's capital.


The beer pours amber colored, with a very puffy white foam than clings to the glass. It's bright and clear when candled. There's also lots of bubbles in there.


It had a nice sharp citrus hops aroma, which I liked a lot. Initially, the taste is as I expected - hoppy with some citrus tastes, a little spice, and some fruitiness. But, the twist here is that the finish is very, very malty. It didn't have that hoppy burst I was expecting at the end, but instead sort of died away quietly with flavors of malt and spice.

Not bad. I'm glad I had it fresh on draft, and I like the flavors, which end up coming from - in large part - the amount of Mosaic and Citra hops they stuff into it. If we're talking fresh-hop citrus IPAs, I think Lonerider's "Hops You Rode In On" is more my speed, but I still found the "Fresh Squeezed" to be delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment