Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Monday, March 30, 2015

Beer Flash: Avery Brewing Co.'s "Collaboration Not Litigation" ale

Saw this on the shelf at Irving Wines and Spirits, and upon suggestion of owner Jesse, I picked it up. It's an 8.9% ABV ale from Avery Brewing Co. The history is kind of interesting - apparently, both Russian River Brewing Co. and Avery have a beer called "Salvation." But, instead of litigating in a courtroom showdown to see who owned the rights to that name, the two beer dudes decided to combine the beers into one delicious ale. I enjoyed it - there was a nice combination of malts and spices. Lighter than I expected. Reminds me of a lighter version of Peak Organic's King Crimson, with all the sweet maltiness retained. Wasn't bad for $9.99 per 220z bomber.

No comments:

Post a Comment