Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Fort George Brewery + Public House - "Quick Wit" witbier

Every so often, my Seattle-based brother Daniel will send me a box packed with some of the finest in West Coast beers. Since these beers are often available only in the Pacific Northwest, I particularly enjoy reviewing them because I so rarely get a chance to try them.

One of the ones he sent was a 5.2% ABV Belgian-style ale made by Fort George Brewery + Public House, located in Astoria, Oregon.


It looks like OJ - opaque, dark orange, coupled with a faint aroma of spices.



Taste-wise, I really enjoyed it. It has a very mellow tartness to it that balances nicely with the typical Belgian spice flavors. I like the smooth wheat and tasty spice flavors. Warm and smooth overall, with a refreshing citrus levity. I like Belgian beers , and the sessionability of this one really adds to my enjoyment. It's a beer I wouldn't mind drinking all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment