Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Beer Flash: Deschutes Brewery's "Black Butte" porter

Today's beer is one Dan has been urging me to try for some time now. I'd never come across it until recently, when D'Vines started selling it on draft for growler fill. I had them fill up Rex the Growler so I could try it out.


It's a 5.2% ABV American-style porter which is very smooth and milky. As you can see, it's pretty much black (as the name might suggest) and has a very mellow flavor all the way through. It almost could use a little more flavor, but that's a minor complaint.

The lowdown is that this beer is tasty, smooth, and delicious with a nice aroma of chocolate and nuts. I can compare it to Fremont's "Bonfire" one perhaps one of Southern Tier's Blackwater series of beers. It's definitely something to try if you see it; it's mellow enough that you can drink it as a session ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment