Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Tabacleria Victor Sinclair - Series 55 Maduro churchill

When someone asks me "dude, what have YOU been smoking?" I'm not offended. You might see me smoking a Davidoff, or perhaps a Fonseca Habana, something from Drew Estate, or perhaps an Avo XO (in my opinion, one of the finest cigars in the world.) But sometimes, I just want an everyday smoke. And I usually look no further than a Victor Sinclair cigar. Tabacleria Victor Sinclair makes a LOT of varieties of cigars, in all shapes and sizes and flavors, and they're affordable enough to smoke every day. To boot, they're also super tasty and are well-made. Today's review is one of my favorites: a five-country blend of maduro tobaccos aged 5 years, hence the "Series 55" label.




The maduro leaf is what gives this cigar its sweet, mineral taste. And I really enjoy that kind of taste on a hot, broiling day in the park. 


It lights up nicely, with a smooth draw. The leaves are springy and moist, and the cigar isn't tightly rolled.

The cigar throws a mottled grey smoke. The taste of the tobacco is sweet, as expected, with just a hint of earth and leafy tastes.


The wrapper held on until pinkie length, where it started to unravel and burn off. After a few more puffs, the cigar began to dry up and taste rough; so I had to put it out. I could have probably relit it and kept it going; but it's better to discard a cigar and possibly waste the last few good puffs than to overdo it. 

Honestly, I'd smoke this every day. And it's a good cigar for the beginner, too, since it's sweet and pleasant and also pretty cheap. I think these might be around $3 each. A cigar like this just shows that tobacco doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg to be good. I really love these cigars for everyday smokes; and I'll definitely seek them out in the future. They often come bundled together with other variants of the 55 Series; those are all worth trying as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment