Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Les Portes de Bordeaux - 2012 Bordeaux Supérieur (France)

Today's review is another basic, cheap table wine that I've come to love. Trader Joe's carries it. It's a 2012 French wine from the Bordeaux region of France, which gives it its name. 


The eye is bright, ruby red. It's really a beautiful color on wine and makes me think of ripe strawberries. The nose is one of dark fruit with a tangy sweet smell to it, which I really like. 


It tastes as I expected it to - fruity, with some nice tart tastes and solid earthy flavors. It's not caustic at all, and doesn't have the sort of bite I'd expect from a cheap-o table wine I got at TJ's.

I ended up serving it with some saag paneer curry over basmati rice with black beans, mushrooms, and pan-fried onions.


But the best part about this - it's $5.99.

It's a simple, basic red table wine that I'd be pleased to drink every day. The price is right and the taste is right for my favorite appellation, and thus I'm sure I'll be coming back to this time and time again. It's a great wine to have on hand at all times, bring to a friend's, or enjoy on vacation. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment