Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Brasserie Goudale - Biere Blonde a l'Ancienne // Gallia Paris - Champ Libre

Here's a French beer double feature! Thanks for Franprix, a local grocery store, for the singles of beer. I saw these while picking up my goodies (charcuterie, baguette, and cheese) for dinner. Always a sucker for beers I've never tried, I grabbed it for the princely sum of 6 euros for both.

First up is a 7.20% ABV Biere Blonde from Brasserie Goudale. I'm digging the 16oz format. It pours clear amber in the glass and generates a puffy white head. It's a little sweeter than expected, with some Belgian farmhouse spices mixed in with a traditional amber ale. It's also lighter in body than most amber ales are, which is nice for warmer weather.

Gallia: this is definitely closer to a Belgian white beer than a German-style amber. Hazy, with notes of clove and banana. Also medium-light in body, and less bready than the Goudale. There's more hops here for sure - a nice counter to the meat and cheeses I'm having. 


It was nice to have these singles and to try French craft beer - I imagine most are of these styles but it would be neat to see if there are any Euro craft cellars doing IPAs or hoppy beers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment