Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Weekly Cocktail: "Lucy Goosey"

Hello, is this thing on? 

It's been on a hot minute since I've been posting, totally my fault, as I've been focusing mostly on my magazine writing. I'm easing off that a bit as I am super busy at my day-job, so I get time to maybe visit my blog. Whew. What a busy year!

Here's today's cocktail, the "Lucy Goosey", named for my upstairs neighbor's dog Lucy.

Here's how to make it: 

  • 2oz dark rum (I used Cotton & Reed's excellent PX Dark Rum)
  • 0.5oz Pratt & Standard true ginger syrup
  • 0.25oz lemon juice
  • 4oz sparkling white wine (I use Trader Joe's Blancs de Blancs brut)

Combine the first three ingredients in a julep shaker and shake over ice. Sift and pour into a flute and top with sparkling wine. Enjoy! I like the strong ginger flavor and mild bubbles from the wine. If you want something more effervescent, add 2oz of sparkling water and serve in a larger glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment