Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Beer Flash: 3 Star's "Nectar of the Bogs" cranberry saison

Here's a fun beer I got this from my colleague Avi - it's a rather light, 5.0% ABV saison made with cranberries brewed by Washington, DC-based Three Stars Brewing. It's called the "Nectar of the Bogs", a saison made with a mix of Centennial, Citra, and Cascade hops. I've seen a cranberry gose before, but never a saison made with cranberries. Today's beer comes in a pint can.


It's fizzy, light, slightly sour, with some citrus flavors presenting with a familiar (yet not terribly yeasty) backbone of saison. The sourness builds and delivers a burst of cranberry on the finish.

It's not too sweet (a valid concern) but also not super tart (another concern.) Overall, it's pleasant. I find it's quite like their Peppercorn Saison, same base I assume, with a tart little twist. I like that it's light in alcohol, as well; it makes it an easy drink and a perfect hot-day beer.




No comments:

Post a Comment