Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Beer Flash: Sam Smith's "2015-2015 Winter Warmer"

I cracked open this beer recently and wanted to spotlight it. It's UK brewery Sam Smith's annual "Winter Warmer" ale, just a special holiday-themed beer. Last year I tried an aged Winter Warmer, with surprising results. But that was aged, so I wanted to try it fresh. 

I think this is a different recipe from previous batches - it poured much darker (check the link above) with lots of little bubbles. I was pleased - it was crisp and strong, like an Oktoberfest, with a little apple tang at the end. There's notes of cinnamon, cloves, and malt in there making it a pleasant afternoon pint. I liked that it was lighter than your typical end-of-year stouts, which usually end up being dark and thick. 



No comments:

Post a Comment