Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Wine Flash: 2011 Herencia Altés grenache (Spain)

Here's a quick Wine Flash snapshot. It's a 2011 Herencia Altés black grenache (or garnaxia negra) from the Terra Alta winemaking region, located near Aragón, Spain. I've had this vintage and appellation before, but I've had the wine young, so I'm curious to see how it's aged. It was excellent before, so my hopes are high!

It's delicious, smooth and "round," with some pretty expressive blue grape flavors and a slight hint of white sugar. The finish is clean, with very little alcohol tastes. Since it's aged, the flavors are more muted and softer, but also a little dryer. A wonderful wine to enjoy either on a daily basis or paired with delicate meats like roasted lamb or perhaps a cheese plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment