Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Beer Flash: Fremont Brewing Co. - "Cowiche Canyon" IPA

Here's a quick Beer Flash to to show what I've been drinking lately. It's Fremont's "Cowiche Canyon" fresh hop ale, a limited release sent to me by my brother Dan. I love the can's color and design.


Pours swiftly, with thick white foam. It's got a very strong fruit aroma - pineapple. Pineapple! That's great. It's a hazy orange color, brighter yellow when candled.


Interestingly, it was much lighter than expected. No stingy hops, very smooth and buttery with a full and refreshing flavor. I was expecting something similar to Lonerider's "The Hops You Rode In On," sort of a fresh-hop burst. But instead it was much more polished and full. In the end, though, it's an excellent ale. Silky smooth, bright and fresh, with flavorful hops and no bitterness to boot. I could get used to this - a smooth, delicious session ale.


No comments:

Post a Comment