Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Beer Flash: Deschutes Brewing Co. - "Zarabanda" saison

This beer, from Deschutes, is a 6.1% ABV farmhouse ale made in collaboration with chef Jose Andres. Jose Andres restaurants are pretty popular in DC, with several like Oyamel, Jaleo and Minibar. I saw this in the store, liked the label, and figured I'd give it a shot.



I found it very light and refreshing - nothing too unique or surprising, just a pretty straightforward saison that's summery and bright. It's got spice flavors, not strong but noticeable.


I must admit, it's not really the most unique of beers. But it's still pretty refreshing and tasty, so I did enjoy drinking it. It's also pretty expensive for what it is...I believe this cost me $12.99 for a 22oz, and frankly, for the cost, I wouldn't recommend this beer. If it was $6.99, sure, but almost $13 is too much to pay for a straightforward saison like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment