Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Wine Flash: Chateau Ste Michelle - 2012 "Midsummer White" white blend [U.S.A.]

A few nights ago - before it got cold here - I opened a bottle of Chateau Ste Michelle's "Midsummer White," a special white blend I bought at the Woodinville winery and had it shipped to me in DC (along with a Vigonier and a red blend that I will review later this year.) This wine is a special winery-only blend they release in the summer - it's a blend of Riesling, Chenin Blanc, Gewurztraminer, and Muscat Canelli grapes.

It's a little astringent, some mineral notes in there with predominant flavors of peach, green apple and green grape. Fortunately, it's not too sweet, not "lush" like the late harvest Riesling, or even like a regular Vinifera Riesling. It's crisp, a little dry and tart on the finish, but very refreshing and clean. Definitely a good buy, is great for that all-purpose summer white you may be looking for. Would pair well with some French cheese (I'm thinking Roquefort, my favorite) and some Medjool dates.


No comments:

Post a Comment