Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Beer Flash: Odin Brewing Company's "Odin's Gift" amber ale

Here's another one from the archives - back in August I cracked open a bottle of Odin Brewing Co.'s "Odin's Gift", a 5.4% ABV year-round amber ale. I grabbed it at the Roosevelt Way NE Safeway in Seattle, WA. Seattle supermarkets have a pretty good selection of microbrews, so it's easy to score some tasty beers while stocking up on paper towels, teriyaki landjaegers, and Tillamook.


It pours a pleasing deep red color. It has some off-white foam when poured, which settles quickly. It's mellow and tasty, pleasingly smooth and muted. I was surprised at the lightness of the beer - it drinks well above its weight, and a welcome change from the high-grav, high-alcohol syrupy flavors. I can't really taste any of the juniper in there, unlike Rogue's Juniper Ale, which was heavily juniper'd. But as you all may know, the deep red coloring in the glass is my favorite, and I'd definitely get this again to have on hand. It's a great summer / fall beer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment