Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Saturday, July 2, 2022

WSET II - test taken! Now we wait.

 Well, I'd been meaning to update everyone more on my progress but it really went by quite quickly...I'd say I did about 13 hours of study time across the entire course. It was all asynchronous, which worked well for my schedule and allowed me to complete the modules and assessments at night or on weekends when I was most free. There were some tasting note activities, which I regrettably did not participate in fully. Overall I thought the program was well-laid out, a good mix of visuals, activities, animations, videos, and texts. I also thought the material was specific enough to gain a solid, deep understanding of spirits but not too specific as to lose an appreciation for the material. 

I took my remotely-invigilated test last Wednesday, and aside from one time when the stupid automatic office light turned off, everything went smoothly. There were only a handful of exam questions that I did not immediately know the answer to, but I was able to give an educated guess. I'm aiming for the award With Distinction, the highest honor, but we'll see. 

The test organizers need to send my test recording to some 3rd party company, who will review it and get the scores back. They said it could take up to 10 weeks, which is frankly ridiculous, but it is what it is. I'll keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment