Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Weekly Cocktail: "Yoru Desu"

A few weeks ago, I picked up Hendrick's "Lunar", the famed gin distiller's spring seasonal expression, so I wanted to see how it would do in a cocktail. The spirit itself has notes of allspice, cinnamon, flowers, and a touch of herbs to complement a relatively-low juniper flavor. I wanted to make a summery cocktail using it, so I chose yuzu, a fruit native to East Asia. In that vein, I've decided to call this "Yoru Desu", which can be translated from Japanese as "Nighttime." You know, because Lunar gin, too.

To make this, you'll need:

  • 2oz Hendrick's Lunar gin
  • 5oz yuzu juice 
  • 4 dashes Fee Brothers plum bitters
  • Ice cube
  • Whole cardamom (to float as garnish)

Here, I placed the ice in the glass first, adding the cardamom and shooting the bitters over the ice. I followed up by adding the gin, then the yuzu juice, and stirred. I chose plum bitters because it toned down the sweetness of the yuzu and gave the cocktail some weight. Overall a tasty cocktail, and I'd be curious how this would be shaken with ice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment