Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Friday, January 17, 2020

Tabacalera Victor Sinclair - "Serie '55' Imperial Connecticut" [Dominican Republic]

Here's a look at a nice cigar which I smoke regularly, that is quite overdue for examination. It's the third entry in Tabaclera Victor Sinclair's "Serie 55 Imperial" line, and one my brother Dan and I bought when it was first released. He's a big fan of mild, shade-grown tobaccos, and riffing off the "Victor Sinclair Serie 55 White" success, we grabbed these. 

The original "Serie 55" is so named because each cigar is a blend of 5 tobaccos, aged 5 years. I've had almost all (if not all) of the original "Serie 55" cigars - they have a maduro version, a habano, a Cameroon, and a sungrown I believe. I'm having a hard time figuring out what makes the Imperial series different from the regular. Wrapped in a Connecticut shade wrapper and filled with Dominican fillers, this cigar is clean and crisp the whole way through, featuring some nice grassy, somewhat aged flavors. Kind of like parchment paper with a touch of minerality tossed in. Ash burns a light grey, almost white, with some mottling.

At $20 for five, it's a good cigar for the money and a solid everyday smoke. It's pretty creamy, so definitely scratches that Connecticut shade itch while not breaking the bank on a Montecristo. This smoke kinda reminds me of the old Cuvee Blancs, which I really miss. 


No comments:

Post a Comment