Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Lawson's Finest Liquids - "Sip of Sunshine" IPA

I originally wasn't going to do a post for this, because I had it last year at the Craft Brewer's Conference and said a few words about it in one of my posts. But the folks from Lawson's Finest Liquids are in town from Stratford this week for SAVOR, and according to Jesse Chong, brought with them 1000 cases of "Sip of Sunshine", arguably their most sought-after beer. This means local shops get it in limited quantities, and when I stopped by Irving Wines and Spirits, saw this in their single can cooler, and grabbed a pint.


"Sip of Sunshine" is a 8.00% ABV New England-style IPA packed with lupulin powder and super fresh hops. Upon opening, it immediately throws a super fresh, juicy aroma and appears slightly-hazy orange in the glass. As expected, it's true to its name - there's a nice strong showing of hops, not bitter but very flavorful and full, followed by very very fresh juicy wheat and malts. The beer equivalent of sunshine. I think what I like most is the juicy flavors last throughout the beer. It's quite strong and pronounced and really carries through, which is not as easily done as one might expect. I actually contrast this to something like "Heady Topper" or a Tree House beer because it's got more hops than either of them. And I should say that strength does not translate into bitterness in the hops, so it's easy drinking and perfect for a hot day. I got this as a single pint can for $4.99 at Irving Wines and Spirits; they also sell four-packs (as does D'Vines) for $18.99. Get it while you can!


No comments:

Post a Comment