Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Monday, May 18, 2015

Dogfish Head - "Namaste" white ale

Just in time for the warmer weather, I picked up two singles of Dogfish Head's "Namaste." It's a 4.8% ABV white beer made with lemongrass, orange slices, peppercorns and coriander. I admit that I really like the label - it reminds me of that old PBS cartoon special we used to watch in elementary school around Halloween, set to the (wonderful) sounds of Camille Saint-Saens' "Danse Macabre."


It pours fast, almost clear in color, definitely one of the lightest beers I've seen. In addition, the head is a pure snow-white.



When candled, it's a straw-color. There's quite a bit of floral aromas to this beer; it's bright and fresh, with lots of carbonation bubbles in there.  

The taste reminds me a lot of Hoegaarden. It's bright with the usual white beer tastes; lots of yeast with a little bit of spice. There is a definite zing of peppercorns at the end, with a very soft finish of lemon flavors. In fact, I found a green peppercorn floating in the beer. Awesome. But I can't really taste the orange flavors at all. 

At the end of the day, it's pretty good. It's perfect for the season, nice and fresh and uncomplicated with just the right amount of spice and flavors. But while I found this beer delicious, you can get similar-tasting beers for cheaper. I don't think I'd buy this beer in quantity, just because it's not really worth the price for what you get. There's nothing exceptional or interesting about it - just a straightforward white ale. 


No comments:

Post a Comment