Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Wine Flash: 2010 Rutherford Vintners Napa Valley cabernet sauvignon (California)

Today's post is just a quick Wine Flash covering California-based Rutherford Vintners' 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon from the Napa Valley.


Poured nice and red, with some aroma of fruit in the glass. As you can see below, the wine is a solid red when candled.


Good usual cabernet tastes - thin on taste and low on oak and acid. Some ripe fruit flavors, which was nice, but such tastes die away quickly. Definitely not my favorite vintage - not a huge Cab fan to begin with - so I'm disappointed that this bottle didn't knock it out of the park. It wasn't cheap, and came to me on a recommendation, so I'm doubly disappointed. Still, though, you can't always judge a vintage by one bottle - I'd try it again, to see if perhaps I got a bad year or something.



No comments:

Post a Comment