Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wine Flash: Chateau de Lascaux - 2009 Coteaux du Languedoc (France)


Today's wine is a 2009 Coteaux du Languedoc produced by Chateau de Lascaux, headed by vintner Jean-Benoît Cavalier.  It's a French blend of 60% Syrah, 30% Grenache, and 10% Mourvedre. It paired well with my homemade chicken marsala, and (in my opinion) the wine is a good example of the Languedoc appellation. It wasn't too expensive and I'll probably pick up another couple of bottles next time I come across it. It's approachable and serves well as an everyday wine and a table wine, especially when serving Italian dishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment