Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Drew Estate Liga Undercrown




So for my first cigar review, I'd like to take a look at a relatively new favorite: the Liga Undercrown. Drew Estates, the maker of this cigar, has made some pretty spectacular cigars and has a very popular line of flavored cigars. I first tried this cigar when I attended a rooftop congressional campaign event; one of the guests was a rep for Drew Estate and thrust a few of these in my hand. I ended up liking them so much I bought a few more come summer. I believe they were around $45 for 5.

This cigar has always impressed me with the depth of flavor. Unlike some smokes that are light on flavor (or worse yet, flavored with some stupid sugar casing like cherry or vanilla), this maduro leaf cigar has no problem providing some strong, dark flavor. The cigar itself, as evident by the dark leaves, was deep, lush, smoky, and sugary sweet. The wrapper itself is a Mexican tobacco, the binder a Connecticut Habano, and the filler a mix of Nicaraguan and Brazilian leaves. It lights up well (easy draw) and produces a heady white smoke and, as pictured below, a bright white ash.



It managed to survive most of the way down, maybe 3/4, before it started to burn a bit rough. Throughout the life of the cigar it maintained flavor, burned evenly, and did not fall apart.

Smoke this if you're looking for a nice maduro cigar that has some strength to it but still retains the nice sweetness. The cost may be a bit prohibitive for novice smokers, and certainly the strength of the cigar is also a bit much for novices, but this cigar is definitely worth giving a try. As with all my reviews, I am not paid or compensated in any way by these brands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment