Welcome

If you're new here, read this!

 Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog. Here you'll find a ton of stuff - over 460 articles...everything from beer reviews, interviews, wi...

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Lastest Cocktail Creation: "Susanita" (mezcal, Aperol, and Suze)

My latest backyard cocktail creation: "Susanita", a mix of mezcal, Italian red bitter, gentian liqueur, juice, and ice. Here's the recipe:

  • 1oz mezcal (I used Rompe Corazon)
  • 1oz Aperol
  • 1oz Suze 
  • 0.5oz papaya nectar 

Add all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake vigorously for 15 seconds. Strain into a rocks glass with a big ice cube. 

Then - I added my wooden cocktail smoker and smoked the cocktail using post oak chips. This isn't a necessary step but wanted to play around with the smoked idea, since I was using mezcal. 

Be warned: the papaya nectar (or if you choose another fruit juice) can make this very sweet, so no need to add simple syrup. Furthermore, you can even reduce the papaya to 0.25oz. Also, other possibilities include swapping the mezcal for tequila or swapping the Suze for an amaro.


No comments:

Post a Comment